If this weekend was any indication of the rest of the summer, I’m stocking my fridge and freezer with summertime goodies! Nothing beats sitting outside in the summer heat with a delicious treat. However, you need to choose your summer snacks wisely. Ice cream and frozen snacks are not even that filling. When you indulge in an ice cream bar with over 400 calories and 30 grams of fat, it’s just not worth ruining your effort in the gym.
Here are 15 Summer Snacks Under 100 Calories
1. Water. Okay, so it’s not exactly a snack but put some ice in there and a slice of lemon and it’s pretty darn refreshing!
2. Frozen Fruit Bar
3. Fruit Kabob
4. Diet root beer float made with a scoop of non-fat frozen yogurt.
5. Skinny Cow Fat Free fudge bar
6. Lite iced mocha
7. 1/2 cup of sherbet/sorbet
8. Sliced peach with 2 tablespoons of light whipped cream
9. 1/2 cup of low fat ice cream or frozen yogurt
10. Jell-O fat free pudding
11. 1 cup of cherries
12. 3 cups of air popped popcorn
13. 8 baked tortilla chips with 3 Tbs of salsa and non-fat sour cream
14. 50 small pretzel sticks
15. sugar-free Popsicles
Eating light snacks is the best way to stick to your fitness goals but not feel like you are missing out. Making wise snacking choices guarantees fun without the guilt. Always remember to read nutrition facts labels. Soon enough, you will start recognizing diet friendly products and remembering which snacks to steer clear of. Managing your caloric intake becomes easier over time and with such fun and healthy snacking options, you will forget you are even watching what you eat.